Best Adaptation of an Existing Format
Best Animated Programme or Series (2D or 3D)
Best Actor in a Leading Role
Best Actress in a Leading Role
Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Best Actress in a Supporting Role
Best Branded Programme or Series
Best Children’s Programme (one off/series)
Best Comedy Performance
Best Comedy Programme
Best Current Affairs Programme or Series
Best Direction (Fiction)
Best Direction (Non-Fiction)
Best Drama Series
Best Documentary Series
Best Documentary Programme (one-off)
*Best Feature Film
Best General Entertainment, Game
or Quiz Programme
*Best Immersive (360, VR)
Best Infotainment Programme
Best Lifestyle, Entertainment Presenter/Host
Best Lifestyle Programme
*Best Music or Dance Programme
Best News or Current Affairs Presenter/Anchor
Best News Programme
Best Non Scripted Entertainment
Best Original Screenplay
Best Original Programme by a Streamer/OTT
Best Preschool Programme
Best Promo or Trailer
Best Short Form Content
Best Single Drama/Telemovie/Anthology Episode
Best Single News Story/Report
Best Natural History or Wildlife Programme
Best Theme Song (or Title Theme)
Best Visual or Special FX (TV or Feature Film)
Best Voice Artist
- The entry submitted must have been first “broadcast” or “transmitted” between 1st July 2020 – 1st August 2021 (“Award Period”) on any one media and platform, except specifically stated otherwise in each Award Category.
- Entrant must be domiciled within at least one of the Award Regions.
- You must nominate only one Award Region under which your entry is submitted.
- Any conflict or issue concerning any interpretation of the Award Category is subject to the final decision of AAA and the judging panel appointed by AAA. Minimum broadcast duration refers to the slot duration.
Please refer to ‘Rules of Entry PDF’ for other Terms and Conditions
How Judging Works
HOW JUDGES ARE SELECTED
Judges are selected by
- invitation by the Awards. These are industry professionals of high standing and unquestionable expertise in the genre.
- Those nominated by Ambassadors, who endorsed the judging candidate and their qualifications.
- Those who self nominate and meet the criteria of having worked in their chosen field of expertise for a minimum of five years, can demonstrate credits or a track record in the genre.
To win an Asian Academy Creative Award an entry must pass through two distinct Judging Rounds.
Round 1 is the National Round where local judges vote for the programmes or performances they deem the best in their own nation.
All of the judging is done anonymously and online so judges do not get to confer or be influenced by others. They allocate points to the entry. The Entry with the most points wins.
Unlike some other awards processes, an Asian Academy Creative Award Judge cannot adjudicate a category they themselves have entered or in which they declare a conflict.
The winner in each category will be declared the Best In Nation.
For example the highest scoring drama show in India will be awarded “Asian Academy Creative Awards Best Drama – India”.
This entrant will then go on to represent their nation at the Asian Academy Creative Awards Gala Finals in Singapore in December.
Round 2 is the International Judging stage where expert panels from around the world assess each National Winner and score their work.
For this round all entries must carry English subtitles as judges could come from many nations including those outside the region (such as USA, UK).
Again, the voting system is completely online and the judges are not known to each other. The votes are tallied by computer then audited by an external, independent legal company.
The names of these winners are then sealed, only to be announced at either the Grand Awards on Thursday December 3rd or the Gala Final on Friday December 4th.
Any variations to the judging process must be approved by the Chairman of Awards and announced publicly.
We’ll try to make this process a breeze, so you can get back to creating award winning content.
If you do require technical support with entry submission please email:
General enquiries please email:
For updates, media releases and general know how:
Head to www.asianacademycreativeawards.com and subscribe