Your personal data
We may collect and hold a range of personal information about you for the purpose of carrying out Our business, including registration, management, payment and administration of the awards, events and activities conducted by AACA. You may be requested to provide your personal information such as, but not limited to, the following:
(a) your full name, gender and ethnicity as registered on your Identity Card or other travel document (as applicable);
(b) contact details, including name, telephone number, email address, correspondence address, billing address or address proof;
(c) information for the verification of identity, including date of birth, types of identification documents and identification number, for example: your Identity Card number or passport/travel document number;
(d) payment details, including credit card, debit card and banking information;
(e) account details, including account numbers, service numbers, user accounts, login ID, electronic device serial number;
(f) correspondence address, and/or billing address;
(g) all data requested by applicable government authorities, courts, law enforcement or other authorities or regulatory bodies to enable AACA to comply with or in connection with any law, rule, regulation, judgment or court order of any jurisdiction; and/or
(i) any other information as may be required by any affiliates of AACA and/or their respective contractors, sub-contractors, intermediaries, agents, business partners, third parties’ advertising companies or representatives from time to time.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal data about other individuals to us. If so, We may require you to confirm your compliance with the applicable privacy laws including your confirmation that you have informed those individuals of the use, disclose and transfer of personal data from you to Us and from Us to third parties and possible disclosure of those individuals’ details; and that you have obtained those individuals’ authorisation and/or consent to such use, disclose and transfer (or the extent to which such authorisation and/or consent was obtained). You should also advise them that We can be contacted for further information (see “How to contact Us” below).
How We collect personal data
We collect personal data in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone or email, complete an application or entry form or when you submit your personal data through Our Website or contact us with a query or request or attended Our events or activities or during the ordinary course of the continuation of our business relationship with you;
- from third parties such as related entities, business partners, or other customers, or your representatives with appropriate consent from you;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- when you visit Our Websites; and/or
- when legally required to do so.
If you choose not to provide certain information required about you, We may not be able to provide you with the required services and you may not be able to participate the events or activities or awards organised by AACA.
AACA Privacy Information
Our servers may collect information relating to your website activity, the use of which is to provide personalize services as well as aggregated, anonymous, statistical information on the server’s usage so that We may improve the user experience or better meet the demands and expectations of visitors to Our Website. This type of information may include, but is not limited to browser type and version, operating system, IP address and/or domain and URLs.
Our Website may place a “cookie” on your machine; for example to personalise the services We provide whilst you are using our website(s) and/or maintain your identity across multiple pages within or across one or more sessions. This information may include, but is not limited to, relevant login and authentication details as well as information relating to your activities and preferences across Our Website. You can disable cookies on your web browser, however if you do so you may not be able to access all parts of our websites and your user experience maybe interfered.
How we use your personal data
We may collect, retain and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to process your application to enter into an award or event organized by AACA;
- to offer rewards and promotions and share promotional benefits;
- to provide updates, offers and invitations to events and deliver relevant advertising;
- to conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- to analyse, verify, enforce contractual rights, and/or check your credit, payment and/or status in relation to supply of services to you;
- to process any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities in relation to supply of goods and services to you;
- maintaining and developing Our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- to keep you informed about services made available by AACA and information concerning products and services offered by business partners of AACA;
- to enable Us to comply with any obligations to interconnect, with other industry practices, or with obligations to third parties, courts, regulatory or government agencies in relation to the supply of services of AACA to you; and
- to assist in the prevention, detection or investigation of crime or possible criminal activities.
When We disclose your personal data
In order to deliver the services you requested, We may disclose your personal data to organisations outside of AACA (within or outside of Singapore or the country of your domicile), to the extent permissible under applicable laws and regulations. Your personal data is disclosed to these organisations only for the purpose of assisting Us to communicate with you and provide Our services to you. These organisations carry out Our customer enquiries; courier/delivery services; mailing operations; billing and debt-recovery functions; information technology services; installation, maintenance and repair services; surveys; and/or website usage analysis.
In addition, We may disclose your personal data to:
(a) for purposes of providing administrative, payment, collection, business, legal and/or operational support:
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- collection agencies, security agencies, credit providers or other financial institutions (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- telecommunications network operators;
- Our affiliates (which shall mean any entities which directly or indirectly control, are controlled by, or are under common control with, Us), assignees, transferees and representatives;
- Our professional advisers, including Our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- banks, hotels, insurance companies, billing agents and various business partners for reward purposes and benefits as applicable, including without limitation for purposes of registration for events or activities organized by AACA;
- any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit providers, credit information or reference bureaux, or collection agencies, security agencies, necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- organisations who manage Our business and corporate strategies (and for such purposes), including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of Our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing Our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation); and
- any proposed or actual participant, assignee or transferee of all or any part of the relevant member of AACA’s operations or businesses.
Transfer of personal data outside Territory
At times it may be necessary and/or prudent for Us to transfer certain personal data to places outside Singapore for the prevention, detection or investigation of crime or in order to carry out the purposes, or directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. Where such a transfer is performed, it will be done in compliance with the prevailing requirements of the applicable privacy laws.
The safety of your personal data is important to Us
As you aware, no system is impenetrable and no information provided over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to Us or receive from Us over the Internet.
Retention of your personal data
We will destroy your personal data in accordance with Our internal policy. Generally speaking, Our policies cover the following principles:
- personal data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfill the original or directly related purposes for which it was collected, unless the personal data is also retained to satisfy any applicable legal, regulatory or contractual obligations; and
- personal data are purged from Our electronic, manual and other filing systems based on the above criteria and Our internal procedures.
You can access your personal data
You can access your personal data if the requested personal data is in a form in which Our access to or processing of is reasonably practicable. But do note that We may apply an administrative charge for providing access to your personal information in response to a request.
Help Us ensure We hold accurate personal data
Always let Us have the accurate, complete and up-to-date personal data. If you finds that the data is not correct or not up-to-date or incomplete, you may request correction of your personal data.
How to contact Us