By: David Knox
Hard Quiz, 60 Minutes, The Project, Hi-5 and Filthy Rich & Homeless are amongst Australian national winners at the inaugural Asian Academy Creative Awards.
National winners were announced in Cannes for several territories, with Gala Finals to be held at Singapore’s historic Capitol Theatre in December.
Australian national winners:
- Best Visual or Special FX : Game of Thrones: Spoils of War, by Method Studios.
- Best Immersive (360, VR): Earthlight: Lunar Hub, by Opaque Space.
- Best Short Form Content : Thrush The Musical, by PHD
- Best 3D Animated Programme or Series: Bill and Tony, by Cartoon Network
- Best Preschool Programme: Hi-5 Season 17 – Cultural Festivals, by Hi-5
- Best Children’s Entertainment or Drama: Hi-5 Season 17 – Vehicles, by Hi-5
- Best Children’s Animated Programme or Series : Bill and Tony, by Cartoon Network
- Best Children’s Programme (one off/special) : Nickelodeon Kids Choice Sports Awards, by VIACOM International Media Networks
- Best Branded : MTV Fit Sessions – Allana Ferguson Workout, by MTV
- Best Current Affairs Programme or Series : 60 Minutes, by Nine Network
- Best Single News Story/Report : Race To Save The Reef, by CNN
- Best News Programme : The Project, by 7pm Company for Channel 10 Australia
- Best Documentary Series : Filthy Rich & Homeless – Series 1, by Blackfella Films for SBS TV
- Best Documentary Programme (one-off/ special): In My Own Words, by Blackfella Films For SBS TV and NITV
- Best Non Scripted Entertainment : Master Chef Australia, Season 10, by Endermol Shine Australia for Channel 10
- Best Game or Quiz Programme : Hard Quiz – Series 3, by Thinkative TV for ABC Australia
- Best Actress in a Leading Role : Marta Dusseldorp – A Place to Call Home Season 5, By Foxtel
- Best Drama Series: A Place To Call Home, by Foxtel